Saturday, January 21, 2012

Be careful what you ask for...

I asked for snow. I didn't believe it would come and guess what? Oh it came alright, and came and came some more. Almost a foot by the time it finally stopped. I was snowed in for 3 days with the exception of digging out long enough to get mom to her kidney stone surgery in Bellevue. I never would have believed it but here's the proof...
 View from the driveway down the back half of the street.

 Side door on the fence to the back yard.

 The poor bamboo were bending under the weight of all the snow.

Maples in the backyard.

It only took a day and a half of rain to make it all go away. But it was fun while it lasted for the most part. While I was out taking pictures I decided to just flop down in the back yard and just laid there in the middle of the snow storm. It was all of 28 degrees out but I laid there staring up at the sky watching the flakes fall and fall. Thought about making a snow angel but decided to just lay there and contemplate life. It was then that I noticed all the floaters in my eye. Then I started thinking about how old I was getting, that I missed being a child...well, not so much missing being a child rather missing the fun and lightness of not having overwhelming demands and responsibilities. Adulthood isn't what it's cracked up to be, and I wonder where I went wrong. Which then leads me to thinking about why I bother doing half the things I do, buy things...take photos...because when I'm gone. None of it will really matter. I maintain that my goal in life is to make this world a better place than I had found it. I am starting to question if I am anywhere close to that goal. 

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment