Tuesday, November 8, 2016

When Hope Died

I remember a time when people thought it would be funny if Trump was president. Insert jokes on end...SNL skits etc. At some point, shit got real and now here we stand, mouths open in disbelief, confusion written across our faces...as we try to make sense of something that is completely nonsensical. 
I am sad beyond belief, not necessarily that Trump has appeared to become our next president...but sad about how divided we as a nation have become. How fractured we are and how so many people can find themselves following the wolf in sheeps clothing...blindly following because they are so desperate to believe in something more. 
We are a nation in turmoil.
We are a nation confused.
We are a nation lost.
Sometimes when we lose something, we realize how much we loved it and how important it was to us. Sometimes we have to have something taken away in order to realize we were taking it for granted.
This my friends is one of those times. Sadly, this is our life now and we must pick ourselves up and try and make the changes necessary to redeem ourselves. 
We have let the world down.
We have let womens rights slip through our fingers.
We have let every minority know they are worthless. 
I will not vacate America, but I am resolute that I will be part of the solution and not the problem. America is great now, it has always been great and always will be great. 
We are lost but change comes with time...growth can be painful. Hold strong my friends, do not lose sight of our destiny but more importantly support each other. Love each other. Be kind.
I love you America. I love you my family. I love you my friends. Regardless of who you voted for. I am confident that we will find our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment