Sunday, March 11, 2012

For a great man...





Dear Fred,

I didn’t get you a card or a present, but thank you for my rocks. I know I said how much I adore and love you last night at your party, but I really want you to understand that I meant it with every fiber of my being. You have without a doubt been the best supervisor I have ever had the pleasure of working for. You have been supportive and helpful beyond measure and gone above and beyond the typical duties of a supervisor for not only me but the entire team. You have protected us to the best of your ability from upper management and taken the brunt of others attitudes and attacks about PACT. You believed in us when no one would give us a chance…

Speaking just on my own behalf, please know that you have a special place in my heart both personally and professionally. You afforded me opportunities that others may not have been given. You trusted that I knew how to do my job and you let me do it. You didn’t micromanage me, and let me have the freedom to make my own mistakes…but more importantly, you were there to help me pick up the pieces and learn from those mistakes. Other supervisors would have been quick to punish and criticize and I appreciate that you have always been gentle with my feelings and when I needed you, you were always there.

It is truly a major loss for both the agency and PACT losing such an amazing man and supervisor, but huge kudos for your new employer. I am sorry that management did not appreciate you more and treat you better. (But I’m sorry they don’t treat any of us well.) You have invested so much into the program and each and every one of us…it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. I may never have a supervisor like you again, and I would be remiss if I let you go without making sure how much you mean to me. During my 4½ years here I have seen 44 people come and go and only cried when 3 have left. You are the 4th. I will miss seeing you every day, hearing your stupid jokes and having you to go to when I need a shoulder to cry on.

I pray for you every morning and thank God (Universe) every day that you have been my boss. And I am truly happy that you are getting out of here before your soul withers and dies. I hope your new job is amazing and that you and your wife get more time together now that PACT isn’t a constant anchor. I wish you the best both personally and professionally and love you immensely. I already miss you so much…
With the utmost love and respect, deb

No comments:

Post a Comment