Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's my girlfriends birthday...


Last night my girlfriend Lisa, her best friend Abbie and I went out for drinks/dinner at the Wild Rose in Seattle. This was the first time I got to really spend any time with Abbie and it made me feel very anxious. Not just a little anxious but like job interview type anxious. They have known each other for more than 20 years and Abbie is the closest thing to family outside Lisa's two small children, Gwen and Malcolm. I was so worried that Abbie wouldn't like me, or I wouldn't be what she thought I would be like. Worried she would disapprove of me and then Lisa wouldn't love me anymore. I know I was wound pretty tight initially, but after a nice shot at the bar, I think I chilled out a little. Photos were to be had and seeing how we were both goofy, we just sort of did our nerdy/geeky thing and without either of us knowing, Abbie kept clicking away with the camera. But frankly, I'm glad she did. I like this photo of Lisa and I. I was trying to bite Lisa's ear and she was in hysterics.

The bartender was nice enough to snap a picture of all three of us...that's Abbie doing the bunny ears thing to Lisa, who is the sexiest woman in the joint and it's easy to know which one is me...I have the hat on and I'm the fattest one there. Fluffy I mean.


After eating and drinking we headed to Babeland to take a gander at the latest in his and her pleasure toys. Then it was off to get our cupcake on before heading back to Abbie's to drop her off to play with her husband. Of course we were greeted at my car with a parking ticket...but whatever. It was a pleasure to meet Abbie, she is most open minded and seems very genuine and sincere. I can see why Lisa and Abbie are best friends. I don't know how my "interview" went but I feel like I failed it. 

I surprised Lisa by getting a hotel room in Edmonds so that we could spend the night together that is between Seattle and Everett...we both work Sunday morning and I didn't want her having to come all the way to Everett. It is wonderful getting to spend time with her, cuddling, talking, and just being relaxed together. We still are learning so much about each other. Sadly the hotel was by the train tracks so the trains kept her awake since I totally passed out so she didn't get much sleep. Which makes me sad. 

Today is her official birthday...so happy birthday baby. The last year of knowing you has been amazing, scary, fun and challenging. I wouldn't do a single day differently. I love you very much and I hope you had a great birthday weekend aside from having to work. I miss you very much but I'm so thankful for the time we get, whenever it is we get it. OXOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment