Monday, May 7, 2012

My girls bout...


I finally had a chance to finish up editing the pics from my girlfriends last bout, where by the way, she and my other friends won. They are all undefeated...woohoo. This is the first bout where the two teams split into four because there are so many people involved in the league now. I have friends on all the teams and take great pleasure in seeing them grow as skaters and athletes. A year ago, I never would have guessed the mad skillz that so many of them are showing now. So here are some pictures from the bout and major congratulations go out to all my derby girls for doing something so amazing. But mostly for overcoming their fears and doing something that so many others just wish they could do.


 Gear Checks...

 Jeni pivot, Smaxxx jammer...

 My little Risa has decided to let her bird fly...

 Getting stoked up for the bout to come...

 Zombrie warming up to kick ass...

Smaxxx getting her game face on...

 My girl laying the smack down on the other teams pivot...

 Thank you Sarah A-f for taking this awesome picture of my girl...

Post bout yummies at Red Robin with my beautiful girlfriend Smokin' Guns.

I had an amazing time, got peeved about some plays I was not too happy about but overall enjoyed being just a fan. I am so proud of so many of the girls. But mostly my Lisa...who has overcome so many mind traps to become an amazing blocker who other skaters hate to play against. Viva La derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment