Monday, May 7, 2012

Nobody's hero

Sometimes we have the best intentions when we do or say things and they get messed up somewhere in translation. Sometimes people support you in the beginning, only to back down when any signs of trouble start up. Sometimes people aren't what we think...for better or worse. And sometimes we aren't what we think we are.

Every day brings us the chance to do good...or bad, and even with the best of intentions we cannot control the way others interpret our actions or words. I have posted on my laptop at work the statement "always be mindful" as a reminder to myself. Sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't. All I want in this life is to leave it a better place than I found it. And honestly, I work under the assumption that other people have the same mindset.

I'm just a person, I make mistakes. I do good deeds, and mess up. I am only human and only have control over my actions. I am not the owner of others ideas, concepts or interpretations. My intent is true, even if the end result is skewed.


Don't look up to me. I'm nothing special. Don't think I'm perfect. I'm still learning, I'm still struggling and don't want to be any ones hero. So take what you want, and leave the rest. But don't assign more to me than is really mine. The cross I carry is heavy enough with just my actions. I'm tired. I'm weak. If you can't accept all of me...I can't change to make you happy. No one is required to be in my life. Right now, and quite often...I don't even want to be in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment