Friday, August 27, 2010

The roller coaster ride that was today...

I'm exhausted from such a trying day and tears that ran down my face like a deluge...work was status quo, meetings, and more meetings, client calls, the regular beat of my work week. As I was leaving to pick up a client for grocery shopping, I noticed that my car wasn't in the parking lot where it should have been. I joked about it at first because sometimes my job is so hard I on several occasions have forgotten where I parked, or forgotten how I got home at night. My job is totally draining on many, many levels. I got out to the parking lot and I was very specific about where I parked today and how, and my car was gone. I called mom to see if per chance she had it, of course she didn't...I immediately broke down and started crying telling her that my car had been stolen. She was calling the insurance company, I was calling the police. Before the police arrived I sort of lost my mind, my car was gone...my little blue was taken from me...I felt so violated and confused. I called mom again, in utter shambles, bawling my eyes out, she was coming to get me. The police showed, I gave them a description of my car, where and when I parked it, and completed their forms. About that time mom showed up and spoke with the officer...I just wanted to get in her car and get home. I was freaking that they could have gotten to my house and either cleaned it out or hurt my loving dog. I bawled the entire way home.
All was safe at the house, I immediately sent a facebook post about my stolen car and then went to bed...I was so totally spent. By the time I got up, I just felt numb. No more tears could come, my eyes were so swollen. I didn't eat much for dinner, but then a call came from the Mukilteo police...they found my little blue. It seems that the teens were out for a joy ride and after using all that they wanted from my car they decided to steal someone else's car, I guess they wanted a better or faster ride. They trashed my car, ransacked her, smoked in her and did drugs in her. They took anything that looked remotely worth anything, which wasn't much but they were things that had value to me. But I have my car. It will take some doing getting her cleaned up and smelling right but I thank God that I have my car back. I had given up hope, Honda's are often stolen to be "parted" out and I really didn't think I would see my baby again. But she is now comfortably sitting next to big blue in the garage. I will with great tender loving care, clean her up tomorrow and try and get some good sleep and maybe do some laundry. It will take a while for the feeling of violation to go away, or the feeling of safety that I took for granted. But I have my car and right now, all is good in the world. I do pray for the persons whose car those teens ended up ditching mine for. No one should ever feel how I felt today. They will be in my prayers tonight.
I realize in the grand scheme of things a stolen car is trivial at best, especially when my cousin Shay and his wife just laid to rest their beautiful baby Jude. And I do not take for granted that my issue is no where near the depths of despair that they are going through. My car is just a thing, it can be replaced. A life cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment