Friday, May 6, 2011

For Now...

Sorry I have been strangely quiet as of late...there has been so much going on that I find one day running into the next. I have every intention of writing weekly but before I know it, weeks go by and I find myself forgetting all the great thoughts, feelings or motivational epiphanies that occur on an almost daily basis. There are so many great things going on in my life right now, so many excellent people that are fast becoming some of my best friends. I don't know if they feel that way, but I they are. I am busy most every night with something derby, and for the nights that are not occupied with derby, I am thinking of derby or communicating with derby people or the burden that has become mine to carry alone...guilt for not overcoming my fear, and skating. I do so many derby things, and yet none of them require me to be on skates. Yeah, I know...I'm chicken shit. I have been off skates for about a month now with my torn quad/groin/hammy thing and the longer I am off skates, the more scared I become to ever put them on my feet again. It is true what they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And I have many good intentions when it comes to derby...skating being just one of them.

I don't really want to get fully involved in a post right now, I just don't have the energy to provide an accurate picture of what life has been like for me since my last posting. I very much want to take serious time to devote to the wonderful, accepting and loving women I have met through OneWorld Roller Derby. They have become a major part of my life and as such deserve decent acknowledgement. I owe them that at the very least. So for now, this posting will have to serve as notice that I am still alive, still working, still doing derby...in whatever form that happens to take, and still journaling my personal journey through this life. Now just isn't the time. So, until the time presents itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment