Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Surprise of the day...

So I'm just going about my business, doing what I do...my upper crust boss wants me to handle a situation with a client and their family and the County Designated Mental Health Professionals (CDMHP)1 because she is super busy and I'm like "sure no problem." At work I roll around in a wheelchair because the going all over the fourth floor with the crutches was killing my armpits and wrists so it has been easier with my knee to just roll around. I feel stupid, but since I can't put much weight on my leg and the diagnosis at the moment is a torn meniscus...well, I'm doing the best I can trying to get this fat frame from point A to point B.

Like I said, I'm just chilling in the front office waiting for all parties to show up so we can deal with the business at hand and to my shock and total surprise guess who one of the CDMHP's is that shows up? Come on guess?

My long lost ex-girlfriend Anji Jorstad...although I don't know if she kept the Jorstad part after she married Jess, the girl she got with while still seeing me, you know at the tail end when she had stopped liking me but didn't have the guts to break it off...that girl.

Anyway, I have seen her around at JCRG bouts and been angry that she was on MY turf or seen her driving around town and wished her ill will but today when I saw her...there was nothing. No hostility, no longing, no anger, no hate, no love...nothing but meh. I thought to myself that she was still very beautiful, I have always thought that since the day I met her something like 10 years ago. But no emotions were connected to the thought.

That. Is. Progress.

That. Is. Healing.

I've moved on, I've moved forward and it feels good. Yippie for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment